Friday, July 9, 2010

“I know I am saved in my heart” or “God told me that I am saved”

Most people who are converted to Mormonism are not converted because they examine the evidence and decide that Mormonism is the truth. Mormon missionaries ask you to pray and ask if you should become a Mormon. Many people have become Mormons because they prayed and felt that they had been called to Mormonism. Probably every religion around the world is full of people who say they have had some kind of religious experience. I say that not to say that God doesn’t speak, but to point out that it is possible to be sincerely wrong. Christians are to check every message we hear against the Bible.


Acts 17:11-12
“Now these were more noble-minded than those in Thessalonica, for they received the word with great eagerness, examining the Scriptures daily to see whether these things were so. Therefore many of them believed, along with a number of prominent Greek women and men.”

Galatians 1:8-9
“But even if we, or an angel from heaven, should preach to you a gospel contrary to what we have preached to you, he is to be accursed! As we have said before, so I say again now, if any man is preaching to you a gospel contrary to what you received, he is to be accursed!”

If you are sure that God is telling you you are saved and the Bible says you are not, then the god who is talking to you is not the God of the Bible. The God of the Bible is the same yesterday, today, and tomorrow, and His word never changes.

1 comment:

  1. Great blog! I just noticed you had it. I love all your thought out answers.

    ReplyDelete